About this Project
- Location: Belmont-Tramonet (FR, 73)
- Supply: automated storage, conveyor network
In 2006, as part of the consolidation of its distribution activities on a single site, the company Blanchon Syntilor, French leader in wood protection products, entrusted Alstef Group with the study and supply of storage and order preparation equipment for their distribution center.
Alstef’s solutions have enabled the automation of the storage of all products. The installation is controlled by Siemens PLC. OPAL Fleet manages the input-output flows, the resupply of the picking stations and picking lanes, the entire order preparation, the sorter and the onboard terminals for manual stock.
Aims of the project
- Doubling of the shipping volume
- Consolidation of French export operations on the same site
- Automation of storage and feeding of picking operations for high and medium rotations
- Improvement the working conditions
- Increase of the productivity of the operators
Alstef Group’s solution
- Automatic storage for products with the highest turnover
- Storage and picking of the lowest turnover products in two aisles served by a sorting system
- Provision for direct picking of all the references: gravitational, shelves, etc.
- Picking of the products on two levels: first floor and platform on the second floor
- Work by batch with grouping on a sorting machine of the parcels in order to make up the dispatch pallets
- “Pick to belt” preparation type