XL Express Sydney
Installation and commissioning during the peak of the COVID-19 lockdown in Australia and New Zealand.
About this project:
SCOPE OF SUPPLY
- 1 x 5-sided Camera Dimension Weigh Scanning (DWS) system
- 1 x Interroll Vertical Cross-belt Sorter (VCBS) – 80m long
- 50 x Non-powered roller accumulation chutes
- 1 x Reject line with powered roller chute
- 1 x Recirculation line with powered roller chute
- 1 x heavy-duty manual load line
XL Express is a privately owned Australia-wide courier company that was established in 1990. Since the early 1990s, Alstef Group (previously Glidepath) has had a strong working relationship with XL Express, supplying carousels for manual sortation.
This project was awarded in late 2019 but was installed and commissioned during the peak of the COVID-19 lockdown in Australia and New Zealand. Alstef Group remotely installed and commissioned the system for XL Express in Sydney using trusted local subcontractors, Interroll Melbourne staff, and had CCTV cameras set up around the site making it possible to remotely monitor the install.
Alstef Group and Interroll have since installed and commissioned a second VCBS solution in the XL Express facilities in Melbourne and Brisbane.
The Sydney system is currently capable of 4000pph with the ability to increase to 6000pph with the introduction of an additional manual load line.